Friday, August 22, 2008

of God and man.

Its been a damn long haitus since I last blogged anything more than emotional rantings of this stress-filled life. And I want to thank God for so many things. :D

Joining the committee STBAPMIMSS has been a life changing experience. It has really changed the way I look at life, and in this way it has changed how I act, react, respond to various situations.

FYI: STBAPMIMSS means So That By All Possible Means I Might Save Some, and for those who can guess, it is an evangelical movement that aims to promote evangelism as a lifestyle.

I love God, and this I am sure of. I love Him so much that I am willing to die for Him if the situation called for it. Forgive me if I sound fanatic, but if you were in love with a girl, or vice versa, this would be how you felt. And I am sure that this is justified :)

Throughout the course of this year, I have grown to love God more and more, and of late, to depend on Him like I have never before. Nowadays I am trying to read my bible or at least pray before starting any school work. I mean as a Christian we say grace before we eat right? Why limit God's blessing to just food? Why not include Him in every single aspect of your life? :D

Of late I have had the conviction of STBAPMIMSS, when I see so many people, I feel that there is a need to share God with them and this burden weighs heavily on me sometimes. But I have realized that sharing God doesn't essentially mean sharing the theological arguments, but rather His Goodness with others.

On the 16th of August, after STBAPMIMSS we all took a taxi home. As I was the last passenger, upon nearing my house, the taxi driver asked me a question: ni men shi tan jiao tang de shi ma? Translated, it means: You guys were talking about church stuff right? Yes, I replied and the rest of the night was never the same.

The taxi driver then began telling me about his karma-esque view towards life, that Man was going against nature by eating meat, and hence becoming more barbaric (-.^), and that perfection was an achievable state through great control and restraint. We spent half an hour after that sitting in his taxi, with the air-con running (wasting precious petrol on his side) talking about our religion. I shared that God was love, and the question was not really about whether we ate meat or not, it was only with God that we could become transformed into the likeliness of Christ which is to love unconditionally which also questioned his second point. All of this in my weaker language: Chinese.

The conclusion: he still believed that man should not eat meat. (-.^) But I thank God for seting up this opportunity, because I found out he was a believer before, and a seed was sown in his life, waiting for the next person to harvest it. I thank God also because this taxi driver was willing to sit down for half an hour, wasting his petrol, with the air-con on, parked beside my home, listening to me and talking to me about God.

God is good. :D

After I walked up, I went online, and immediate a friend of mine started sharing with me about who he loved. And I took the opportunity to share how my relationship with God had been my strength. We talked for a long time that night, and I am looking to follow up with him on God.

Praise God man. :D

Let a revival take place, and let me be a part of it. :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Wooo HOO! Praise God for such opportunities. :) Such, never knock twice at times and I am glad you grab that chance. :) suhui.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home