Wednesday, December 24, 2008

to become more like Christ

there will always be this emptinesss that gnaws at the very core of my being, whenever God is absent that is.

i want to become more like Christ, and will become like Christ, holy and righteous someday. till then, i am glad that i can suffer and understand just a little of what it took Him to redeem us.

today as we sprinted 800m. after 400m my body was tired, and i let up the pace, only to finish 1 lap behind the others. i felt so guilty as i could draw the parallel between my spiritual walk and this very training. it was sickening to know in spite of how tired i was, i still had the potential to finish this well.

i will definitely make mistakes and fail terribly again. but now regardless of how tired i am, i will push myself to finish this race, for i know greater is He that is in me than He who is in the world.

this maxim i chanted throughout the next 400m, as we did averaged 16 seconds per lap: i want to become more like Christ. Truly i do, just that i have to surrender my will to Him, and let Him drive me, just as my body went on autopilot during that arduous sprint.

To you God, i commit myself once again, to be led by your spirit.

In Jesus Name, Amen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discipline and perseverance.

Jiayou friend, God bless you this christmas =)

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home